On Becoming & Being A Doctor
Edited by Hans Steiner
The Pegasus Physicians at Stanford is a working group for Stanford faculty members who are medical doctors and creative writers. Dr. Steiner is a founding member of the group. The group meets monthly to discuss each others' plans, proposals, poetry, short stories, plays and novels.
This book is the publication of the first annual reading by the Pegasus Physicians at Stanford.
This book is produced at cost and it is available for purchase. To buy the book or for other details contact Dr. Steiner: email@example.com
HIGHLIGHTED PEGASUS PUBLICATIONS:
PEGASUS PHYSICIANS AWARDS
- Audrey Shafer, 2013 Commended Poet for The Off-Duty Anaesthetist, Hippocrates Prize for Poetry and Medicine
PEGASUS PUBLICATIONS: 2011-2013
- Shaili Jain, The Aftermath of Trauma. Hektoen International, Volume 5, Issue 1; Winter 2013
- James Lock, Victor Carrion. Hit, Trip, Fall, Run, Dream, Stick, Sleep. San Francisco Theater Pub. June 15th , 2012.
- James Lock (editor), Developmental Perspectives on the Assessment and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders, Oxford, University Press, 2011.
- Mali Mann. Mazandaran, Over the Ocean, Over the Mountain (poem). The American Psychoanalyst. Volume 46, No 1, Winter/Spring2012.
- Mali Mann. Flying Doctors Bring Hope, Help, and Healing. American Psychoanalyst. Volume 46, No 3, Fall 2012.
- Daniel Mason. Balanced Diets. Lapham’s Quarterly, Summer, 2011
- Daniel Mason. Healing Spirits. Lapham’s Quarterly, 177-183, Summer, 2012
- William Meffert. Lost. (accepted for publication), The MacGuffin, 2012
- William Meffert. A Small Thing. Evergreen Review, Spring 2012.
- William Meffert. Ave Maria. Helix, Spring 2013.
- William Meffert. Trapped. Ars Medica, Spring 2013.
- Kendra Peterson. House Call. The Pulse, online; 8/3/2012
- Kendra Peterson. Overwhelmed. The Intima, online; Spring, 2013
- Jan Shapiro J and Audrey Shafer. “It doesn’t look good”: Teaching end of life care through Carver’s Poetry. Carver Across the Curriculum: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Teaching the Fiction and Poetry of Raymond Carver Ed. Grant PB and Ashley K. Cambridge Scholars Publishing pp 47-62, 2011.
- Audrey Shafer. Emergence. Anesthesiology 114(5):1236-7, 2011 (poem)
- Audrey Shafer. A Foot. Anesthesiology 115(1):205-6, 2011 (poem)
- Audrey Shafer. Anesthesia Checklist. Anesthesiology 116(2):477-8, 2012 (poem) [note: poem featured on the cover]
- Audrey Shafer. In the Emergency Room with My Mother, Again. Mission at Tenth: The Double Helix Issue, California Institute of Integral Studies 3:38, 2012 (poem)
- Audrey Shafer. The Unscathed Veteran and the Anesthesiologist. JAMA 308:1301, 2012 (poem)
- Audrey Shafer. The Anesthesiologist Breathes for you. Anesthesiology (poem, in press)
- Audrey Shafer. The Off-Duty Anaesthetist. The 2013 Hippocrates Prize Poetry and Medicine Winning and Commended Poems. London: The Hippocrates Press (in press)
- Hans Steiner (Ed). The Handbook of Developmental Psychiatry. (World Scientific And Imperial College Press, 2011)
- Hans Steiner, Martine Flament. Eating Disorders. Oxford, UK, Health Press, 2011.
- Hans Steiner. If Lisbeth Salander Were Real. In: Rosenberg R, O’Neill S. (eds),: The Psychology of the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: Understanding Lisbeth Salander and Stieg Larsson’s Millenium Trilogy. Dallas, Texas, Benbella Books , Inc., 2011, pp 153-167.
- Hans Steiner (ed). On Becoming and Being a Doctor. Stanford, The Pegasus Physicians, 2012
- Hans Steiner. Laudatio for Irvin D.Yalom. Zeitschrift fuer Individualpsychologie, 2012 (in print).
- Hans Steiner, Julia Huemer, Kristin Nelson, Paulus Hochgatterer. Wenn Kinder erzaehlen: Das Narrativum und seine Beziehung zur Inneren und Aeusseren Realitaet. (accepted for publication), Zeitschrift fuer Individualpsychologie, 2012
- Randall Weingarten. For WCW. (accepted for publication), The Pulse, 2012.
- Irvin Yalom. The Spinoza Problem. New York, Basic Books, 2012.